Bourne Man Shot Last Night Dies

This story has been updated click here to see the newer version

A 23-year-old Bourne man who was shot last night in the vicinity of Trowbridge Road has died, Bourne police said.

Bourne Police Lieutenant Richard Silvestro said Antone Gutierrez was pronounced dead when he arrived at Boston Medical Center.

Bourne and state police are investigating the shooting, which occurred around the same time as a reported room invasion at the All Seasons Inn at 114 Trowbridge Road.


Lt. Silvestro said police initially responded to a report around 9:40 PM of a pedestrian accident on Trowbridge Road.

The first officer to arrive found Mr. Gutierrez lying bleeding in the middle of the road.

Police on the scene began first aid, notified Bourne Fire Rescue that the man had been shot, and requested additional police units.

Upon examining the victim, who had been shot in the lower abdomen, Deputy Fire Chief David Cody said Bourne Fire Rescue initially requested a Boston MedFlight helicopter to transport Mr. Gutierrez to a trauma center in Boston.

When Bourne Fire Rescue learned that Boston MedFlight was not flying because of weather conditions, rescue workers placed the man in an ambulance to transport him to the trauma center at Rhode Island Hospital in Providence.

En route, Deputy Chief Cody said, rescue workers determined that given the deteriorating condition of the victim, the ambulance should deliver him to Tobey Hospital in Wareham.

Tobey Hospital subsequently decided that Mr. Gutierrez should be transported to a Boston trauma center, according to MedFlight’s chief operations manager, Andrew Farkas.

Because weather conditions still prevented flying, Mr. Farkas said, MedFlight sent an ambulance, which reached Tobey about 10:25 PM and took Mr. Gutierrez to Boston Medical Center, arriving around midnight.

Lt. Silvestro said Mr. Gutierrez was pronounced dead when he arrived at the trauma center.


No comments yet.
Please sign in and be the first one to comment.