Man Found Shot, Stabbed in Bourne Last Night Dies

A 22-year-old Bourne man who was found shot and stabbed Monday night, April 14, on Trowbridge Road has died, according to Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael S. O’Keefe and Bourne Police Chief Dennis R. Woodside.

Antone Gutierrez, who was transported to Boston Medical Center, was pronounced dead there at 12:42 AM on April 15, Mr. O’Keefe and Chief Woodside said.


At about 9:40 PM Monday, the officials said, Bourne police received a 911 call from a passing motorist that a man was lying in the street on Trowbridge Road near the Cape Side Convenience Store.

Bourne Police Lieutenant Richard Silvestro said that the report initially was that of a pedestrian accident, but that the first officer to arrive found Mr. Gutierrez bleeding from entry wounds.

Police on the scene began first aid, notified Bourne Fire Rescue that the man had been wounded, and requested additional police units.

Examination revealed that Mr. Gutierrez had been shot in the lower abdomen and also stabbed.

Deputy Fire Chief David Cody said Bourne Fire Rescue initially requested a Boston MedFlight helicopter to transport the victim to a trauma center in Boston.

When Bourne Fire Rescue learned that Boston MedFlight was not flying because of weather conditions, paramedics placed the man in an ambulance to transport him to the trauma center at Rhode Island Hospital in Providence.

En route, Deputy Chief Cody said, rescue workers determined that given the deteriorating condition of the victim, the ambulance should deliver him to Tobey Hospital in Wareham.

Tobey Hospital subsequently decided that Mr. Gutierrez should be transported to a Boston trauma center, according to MedFlight’s chief operations manager, Andrew Farkas.

Because weather conditions still prevented flying, Mr. Farkas said, MedFlight sent an ambulance, which reached Tobey about 10:25 PM and took Mr. Gutierrez to Boston Medical Center, arriving around midnight.

Mr. O’Keefe and Chief Woodside said he was pronounced dead at the medical center at 12:42 AM. An autopsy will be performed by the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Lt. Silvestro said Mr. Gutierrez was discovered in the street around the same time as a reported room invasion at the All Seasons Inn at 114 Trowbridge Road.

Bourne police as well as state police detectives assigned to the district attorney’s office are investigating the case.


No comments yet.
Please sign in and be the first one to comment.