Falmouth Fire and Rescue responded to 115 medical related calls, 62 of which were priority three calls, 33 were priority two calls, and one was a priority one call. Nineteen were unknown.
Wednesday, May 21: Firefighters responded to Teaticket Highway at 8:41 AM for a report that a car was on fire. Firefighters reported that it was a small, electrical fire and contained to the car’s engine. The fire was extinguished.
Friday, May 23
Firefighters responded to a home on Oyster Pond Road, Falmouth, at 7:30 PM for the report of a brush fire. The homeowner was burning without a permit and was asked to extinguish it.
Saturday, May 24
Firefighters and NStar workers responded to a residence on Teaticket Path at 1:10 AM for the report of electrical outlets smoldering in the house.
* * *
Firefighters extinguished a fire burning inside of commercial dumpster on Starbard Drive, East Falmouth, at 1:13 PM near Great Pond.
Sunday, May 25
A resident of Pires Way, East Falmouth, reported a stove fire at 3:12 AM. Firefighters responded and ventilated the home to clear the smoke. Fire damage was contained to the stove.
* * *
A resident of Chilmark Drive, East Falmouth, reported an odor of gas at 10:10 PM. The smell came from an electric malfunction on a washing machine.
Tuesday, May 27
While conducting a boat-training session in West Falmouth, firefighters saw a mulch fire on an embankment on Chapoquoit Island at approximately 7 PM. Firefighters docked the boat and extinguished the fire before it spread.