Small Fire Damages Wing of Dan'l Webster Inn

Captain Timothy Q. McMahon of the Sandwich Fire Department was on duty when calls came in to report a fire at the Dan’l Webster Inn last Friday morning. “Fire units from Bourne and Sandwich responded to the scene while the Mashpee, Otis and West Barnstable departments stood by to cover if necessary,” he said.

Capt. McMahon said. “No one was injured and the cause of the fire is believed to be electrical. The town wiring inspector was called.”


The call came in shortly after midnight. The fire was small and was being contained by the hotel manager with a fire extinguisher. When the fire department arrived they cut off the electricity to the affected area and pulled out the hoses to finish extinguishing the flames. The fire was out in 40 minutes.

Eight people staying at the inn were relocated from the Jarves Wing to the main wing of the hotel.


No comments yet.
Please sign in and be the first one to comment.