A new principal started her year at Saint Margaret Primary School in Buzzards Bay this week.
The owner of the Scenic View Motel says he plans to sue the Bourne Board of Health.
Students in the Bourne Public Schools will be back to the books in less than two weeks.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been named one of the top 25 colleges in the country.
Queen Sewell Pond has been closed by the town to swimming.
A bleak courtyard at the Coady School apartments has been revitalized thanks to the efforts of some of the building's residents.
Shark sightings around Cape Cod, including one within the last several weeks at Scusset Beach, have led the town to initiate procedures to follow in the event of a shark si…
With Bourne’s town landfill coming up on the end of its permitted life in the next five years, managers at the Integrated Solid Waste Management facility are turning to tow…
The virus Eastern Equine Encephalitis, or EEE, has been detected in mosquitoes found in Bourne.
The Town of Bourne has been notified that the state attorney general’s office has approved a warrant article that created a new bylaw that establishes a Community Engagemen…
Back in business.
It's the end of an era in Buzzards Bay.
The Bourne Health Department announced that Picture Lake in Pocasset has been closed for swimming due to a suspected high bacteria count.
Firefighters responded to a brush fire in South Sagamore, along the power lines near the Bourne-Sandwich town line, Sunday night, August 11.
The Bourne Fire Department responded to two separate crashes involving motorcycles.
Bourne firefighters were called to the Monument Beach Sportsman’s Club to help an elderly man who fell down a flight of stairs.
This fall’s Special Town Meeting in Bourne has been scheduled for Monday, October 21, in the auditorium at Bourne High School.
Perry Davis began his time in the Bourne School District on August 1.
The Bourne Recreation Authority plans to seek state funding to offset the cost of replacing the septic system at Bourne Scenic Park.
A difference of opinion surfaced over the composition of the search committee that will recommend candidates for Bourne’s new town administrator.
Former Bourne selectman Michael A. Blanton has been released from jail.
A three-car crash occurred on Sandwich Road Wednesday morning, August 7.
Scenic View Motel manager Vicki Brady was adamant.
It is back to business for the Parrot Bar & Grill.
Nearly 100 golfers teed off at Falmouth Country Club Monday morning, August 5, and took part in what has been touted as the World’s Largest Golf Outing.
The Sandwich-Bourne Lions Club will host a sunset cruise of the Cape Cod Canal on Saturday, September 14.
The Bourne Recycling Committee will celebrating the 30th anniversary of the committee’s founding and of recycling in the Town of Bourne.
The Cataumet Village Celebration starts on Friday, August 9 at the Cataumet Methodist Church.
Earlier this year, The Cape Cod Foundation received $90,000 from a private charitable foundation that supports nonprofit organizations in Massachusetts. The Foundation rece…
Join the Bourne Historical Society on August 25 for a classic New England Clam Boil with Lobster from noon to 3 PM at Museums at Aptucxet.
United Way has named Doreen Bilezikian honorary chairwoman of Power of the Purse, a social and fundraising event hosted by Women United, an affinity group of the Cape and I…
Cape Cod Young Professionals will host the 13th Annual Back to Business Bash on Thursday, September 19, at the Barnstable Airport from 5:30 to 8:30 PM.
Buzzards Bay Park will be rocking out tomorrow afternoon, August 3,with traditional rock & roll music played at the park’s gazebo.
Drivers crossing the Bourne Bridge will face a one lane travel restriction as repairs to the span are completed. The restriction will be in place during overnight hours fro…
The Barnstable County Agricultural Society awarded scholarships to 17 local students at the Barnstable County Fair. Each year, the Barnstable County Agricultural Society aw…
The Buzzards Bay Coaltion will lead a trip around Cuttyhunk Island on Monday, August 5.
Golfers of all abilities can enjoy a unique afternoon at a championship golf course while supporting clean water at the Buzzards Bay Coalition’s annual golf tournament on O…
The Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber, with a host of other community-spirited individuals and businesses, will host the 2nd Annual Cape Cod Canal Day on Saturday, September 14…
The public has been invited to attend a special celebration for retiring Jonathan Bourne Public Library Assistant Director Diane Ranney.
Repairs to the Bourne and Sagamore bridges will continue next week, causing overnight lane restrictions.
The Boneyard Surf Shop will present Greg Skomal, who will talk about “Living with White Sharks” on Thursday, August 1, from 7 to 8:30 PM at The Old Whaling Church, Main Str…
Housing Assistance Corporation is seeking volunteers for its 10th Annual Big Fix-A-Thon taking place on Saturday, October 5, in Hyannis and Centerville.
Nighttime work is planned on both the Bourne and Sagamore bridges next week.
Independence House and the Cape Cod Synagogue will host a benefit concert to raise funds for their respective organizations.
WE CAN, Women’s Empowerment through Cape Area Networking, an organization dedicated to helping Cape Cod women achieve lasting positive change for themselves and their famil…
Judy Connors Tarver, retired early childhood educator and administrator, John Kenney, attorney at John W. Kenney Attorney at Law, and David Willard, retired vice president …
More than 6,700 riders, including 24 riders from the Upper Cape, will pedal up to 192 miles in the Pan-Mass Challenge on August 3 and 4 with the goal of raising $60 million…
The “descendants” of the early congregations of Bourne Village will hold a commemorative worship service on the lawn of the Briggs-McDermott House across the street from th…
Cape Cod Young Professionals has appointed five new board members to its board of directors.
The public is invited to attend the ninth annual Phinney’s Harbor Day 5K and Beach Party tomorrow, Saturday, July 13, from noon to 5 PM at Monument Beach.
- Selectmen Affirm Design Funding For North Falmouth Bikeway Extension
- Krua Thai Closes Voluntarily Following Town Health Inspection
- Pan-Mass Peddlers Complete 40th Fundraising Event
- Hearing On Parrot Bar And Grille To Be Held Tonight
- Garden Hose Keeps Pocasset House Safe
- Health Board Shuts Down Parrot
- Two-Car Crash In Bourne Sends One Person To The Hospital
- Former Grand Union Site In Bourne Sold
- Board Of Health Board Sets Meeting On Scenic View Motel
- Bourne Board of Health Says No To Cape Cod Cannolis
- CBD Store Slated To Open In Buzzards Bay
- Lawsuit On Bourne's Pot Sales Ban Pending In Superior Court
- Bourne Launches Search For Administrator
- Going Their Separate Ways - 135 Years Ago, The Western Section Of Sandwich Became Bourne
- Historic Peebles Elementary School Torn Down
- Cape Mosquitoes Thriving In The Rainy Weather
- Pedestrian Bicycle Pathway Group Will Seek More CPA Funds
- Monday's Five-Vehicle Crash Lands One Woman In ICU
- No Charges Yet In Five Vehicle Crash That Sent Three People To The Hospital
- Special Section: Portrait Of Recovery
- Bourne DPW Assists In Storm Cleanup
- Beachmoor Inn Fated For Wrecking Ball
- Body Of Man Discovered At Shuttered Motel In Bournedale
- State Transportation Bond Bill Includes $350M For Bridges
- Bourne Native To Defend MMA Title
- Man Arrested After Foot Pursuit In Buzzards Bay
- More Downpours, More Wind, More Tornado Warnings In Bourne
- Two B. Bay People Taken To Hospital With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Firefighters Respond To Downed Wires On House In Monument Beach
- Intense Storm Brings Lightning, Flooding, Tornado Warning To Upper Cape