The Bourne Fire/Rescue Department responded to a fire in an unoccupied garage at 1 Cove Road at 1:56 PM on Sunday, February 16.

No one was injured in the fire.

Improperly disposed-of wood stove ashes caused the fire, Deputy Fire Chief David S. Pelonzi said.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the garage's eaves and forced their way into the garage to contain the fire by 2:15 PM, the deputy chief said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.