Bourne firefighters responded to the report of a fire at a Cape Cod Lane home in Pocasset Saturday night, August 3.

Residents of the house reportedly kept the blaze from spreading too far with the use of a garden hose before firefighters arrived.

Bourne Fire Department Deputy Chief David Pelonzi said the residents kept the fire contained before engines arrived to secure the house. The call came into the department at 11:15 PM.

The house suffered some exterior damage but the interior was spared and no one was displaced or injured.

Crews from five other departments aside from Bourne responded to the fire and were on scene for about an hour making sure the home was secure.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.