The Bourne Board of Health shut down the Parrot Bar and Grille in Cataumet on Friday, August 2 for an apparent violation of state sanitary code.
The cause for the closure order is not immediately known but a sign outside the restaurant said that it is closed due to a refrigeration issue.
Calls to the establishment were not answered.
The restaurant was closed on Saturday and an order from the health board was taped to the inside of the front door stating that in accordance with Massachusetts General Law, "it has been determined that imminent health hazards exist" and that "all operations related thereto must immediately cease and desist."
The order did not give any specifics to the violation besides citing the sanitary code.
The Parrot is a casual restaurant and bar off Route 28A in Cataumet.