Bourne Fire and Rescue Department responded to a natural gas line rupture in Buzzards Bay Monday, November 9.
Firefighters responded to the reported rupture shortly before 12:30 PM. The two-inch, high-pressure line broke at a home located at 60 Lewis Point Road in Buzzards Bay.
Bourne Deputy Fire Chief Ryan M. Haden said no one was hurt or had to be transported to the hospital as a result of the gas leak.
Deputy Chief Haden said the gas line was struck by a small excavator. Firefighters were on scene for 3 to 4 hours, Deputy Chief Haden said. National Grid responded to the scene immediately and took one to two hours to cap the leak and secure the gas, he said.
Bourne firefighters were assisted at the scene by Onset firefighters, Deputy Chief Haden said, as the Bourne Fire and Rescue Department was responding to multiple medical calls at the time.