Bourne firefighters confined 24 gallons of gasoline that had spilled Saturday at the Stop & Shop gas station at 80 Cranberry Highway in Bourne.
Crews used about 250 pounds of absorbent material to clean up the spill, Bourne Deputy Fire Chief Ryan M. Haden said.
The spill, which was caused by a punctured hose, occurred at 3:50 PM on February 20. The gas station attendant was able to use the emergency shut-off to stop the fuel from spilling more before fire crews arrived, he said
The station was shut down and cordoned off. Fire department personnel notified the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection of the incident. A Stop & Shop employee called in a clean-up crew, Mr. Haden said.