For all the damage the bursting of pipes did earlier this year at the Bourne Veterans Memorial Community Center, the episode may be leading to at least one welcome change.
Recent Editorials, Letters, Guest Articles
A small item in the coverage of then-President George H.W. Bush’s visit to Mashpee on November 1, 1990, is revealing of the grace and kindness of the 41st president, who di…
The sad passing of Bourne resident “Lieutenant Commander Ronald Haley” deserves to not go unnoticed by the community. Mr. Haley was a popular, active, and well-known public…
Finding a capable superintendent to lead a school district is probably the most important job a school committee is tasked with.
I am writing in support of a third bridge being built over the Cape Cod Canal. Both the Bourne Bridge and the Sagamore Bridge are over 80 years old and built during a diffe…
By now most of us have heard the story about the three young siblings killed the day before Halloween in rural Indiana when they were struck by a pickup truck as they cross…
Mr. Hayward’s concerns regarding the selectmen’s prior approval for the Haven Center’s desire for recreational sales seems valid [letter 11-16-18].
On a rainy and blustery October Saturday more than 40 local residents gathered in the high school library for a workshop on Bourne’s efforts to update and revise its Local …
After the California massacre, every day, the same thought floods my mind. The mind of a Vietnam combat veteran. Too many killings and too many guns. Sending thoughts and p…
I would like to reiterate Mr. Seaver’s call for the current board of selectmen in Bourne to rescind their previous three letters of support for the sale and distribution of…
After the decisive Bourne Town Meeting vote to ban all recreational marijuana in Bourne (by 56 percent), we now call on the Bourne selectmen to publicly revoke their three-…
When the clerk’s office closes today, the chance to vote early in the state midterm election will be over.
Bourne could envision better changes now that pot shops are banned in Bourne. The bringing of more drugs, illegal or legal, is wrong. Surely, some pot smokers might not agr…
One of the first public health “benefits” to be derived from the legalization of the hallucinogenic marijuana plant is a 6 percent higher auto insurance premium.
I was disappointed to read the letter titled “Mr. Hunt Has A Strong Track Record” comparing Jack Stanton to someone just looking for another job.
Congratulations on a most heartfelt editorial message of 19 October; that brings back my earlier days of youth (1950s) when it was routine as a 12-, 13- and 14-year-old kid…
Most days, most folks would never pick up a hitchhiker. We’ve all heard the horror stories about free rides gone wrong.
As I was researching the candidates for state representative for the 5th Barnstable/Plymouth District, I was disturbed to see a picture of Jack Stanton posing with a sign t…
Viruses that bring about agonizing, gruesome death, like Ebola, always seem to get all the attention.
If you voted yes on the marijuana ban you now must ask yourself, “What did I accomplish?”
- No More Excuses - Editorial
- Old And In The Way - Letter
- Winners And Losers - Letter
- Keep Pot Shops Out Of Our Villages - Letter
- Vote 'Yes' For Marijuana Zoning Article - Letter
- Stand Up And Say 'No' To Pot - Letter
- Keep Recreational Pot Out - Letter
- Hoping Wiser Heads Prevail At TM - Letter
- Pot Is No Good For Bourne - Letter
- Marijuana Vote Is About Freedom - Letter
- A Preemptive Strike On Confusion At Town Meeting - Editorial
- Reject Proposed Pot Ban - Letter
- Bike Trail Worthy Of A 'Yes' Vote - Editorial
- Show Up And Vote 'No' - Letter
- Show Up And Vote - Letter
- Marijuana: A Net Loss For The Town - Letter
- To Selectmen Opposed To Pot Ban - Letter
- Marijuana And Driving Concerns - Letter
- Should Girls Play Boys’ Sports And Vice Versa? - Letter
- Don't Support Drug Sales - Letter
- Don't Let The Mob Rule In October - Letter
- A Look At How Summer Break Started - Editorial
- Tell The Truth - Letter
- Challenge The Status Quo - Letter
- Accountable And Transparent - Letter