This writer is so glad I’m still alive to read that the celebration of Columbus Day is in the past and that for the first time ever people in Mashpee will be honoring and c…
A look back at stories that made headlines this week in The Sandwich Enterprise:
Has the climate of national politics affected how boards conduct themselves in Sandwich? Or has voter apathy resulted in some indolent practices and self-indulgence?
A variety of programs and activities are coming up for Mashpee seniors at 26 Frank E. Hicks Drive.
Years ago, Falmouth’s beloved artist Karen Rinaldo was having a conversation with a friend who was a successful Wall Street financier. Her friend was attempting to teach he…
The anticipation, which bordered on outright giddiness, was understandable. After wrapping up yet another highly successful SummerSpiel at the end of July, members of the C…
A few weeks back, Maeve surprised us with a visit home from college. She’s the happiest I have seen her in years with all of her new friends, parties and academics. And whi…
This week’s Veterans Spotlight guest is special. He grew up in Charlestown and is the epitome of a great American story. Art Kelley served his country in the US Marine Corp…
One of the most frustrating things about getting a new cookbook and wanting to try a recipe is not having the ingredients on hand. Not so with this latest book that I disco…
Fall is a time for flocking. We’ve all seen the huge flocks of blackbirds sitting on utility wires or foraging for food on lawns and fields. We’ve probably all experienced …
To my way of thinking, if there is one thing that you can count on in fishing it’s that you can’t count on anything.
Succulents are in right now, and for good reason: they’re a wonderful group of plants. They tolerate light shade to full sun and thrive with little water. This season at He…
I expected the noisy pop of my knees. I expected the bony knobs of arthritic joints. I expected the common “Middle Age Exercise Plan” of getting my 10,000 steps by walking …
- Mashpee Senior Center - October 4, 2019
- Bourne Musings: Lots And Lots Of Parking Lots
- We Are Headed Into A New Era Of Widespread Species Loss
- Troy's Take: A Century Of A Life Well Lived – One Falmouth Smile At A Time
- A Look Back - October 4, 2019
- Seriously ... How Much Do You Really Need?
- Seeking A Sense Of Place
- Gourmets And Good Eaters: Captivated By Cauliflower
- Weekly Nature Watch: Denial Doesn't Change The Truth
- Veterans Spotlight—US Army Private Benjamin Johnson
- The Local Hook: Looking Forward To A Change In The Weather And Fall Fishing
- Falmouth Farmers Market - October 3, 2019
- Tree Watch: Do We Really Want To Cut Down That Tree?
- Veterans Spotlight—Private Jim Ansio
- Mashpee Senior Center - September 27, 2019
- Once Upon A Time - September 27, 2019
- A Look Back - September 27, 2019
- The Local Hook: Thanks Where Thanks Is Due
- Troy's Take: Sixty Years of Smiles—One Special Person
- The Observation Deck: 5 Star BBQ: From Bahrain To Barnstable County By Way Of Texas
- Down To Earth: Some Unusual Bulbs To Consider
- Cutter Family Finances: Inherited IRAs . . . What You Need to Know
- Gourmets And Good Eaters: Wild Rice, An 'Overlooked Superfood'
- Weekly Nature Watch: Taking A Stand For Trees
- Water Stewards: The Drop In Bird Numbers Is Quite Worrisome