Miriam Baxter grew up in the small town of Madison, Georgia. She served her country as a Red Cross nurse in the South Pacific Theater from 1943 to 1946. Now 97, she lives a…
The House and Senate: There were no roll calls in the House or Senate last week. This week Beacon Hill Roll Call reports on some of the bills that were approved by the Legi…
On October 11, our community will celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day. In honor of this day, and through our growing partnership with the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, Falmouth Pu…
100 Years AgoSeptember 24, 1921
About every two weeks, an article in a major US newspaper reports on the “crisis” caused by the fact that Americans are having fewer babies.
This is the fifth in a series of articles assembled by the Falmouth Affordable Housing Committee to start and promote conversation about the housing crisis in our community.
The news that the current Falmouth location of the National Academy of Sciences in Quissett is on the market is notable for a couple of reasons. First, the property has bee…
A negative rumor is a good way to stop something new from happening. It’s the oldest trick in the book. Even if it’s not true, it takes energy to disprove it, and some peop…
A look back at stories that made headlines this week in The Sandwich Enterprise:
Through today we have completed 15 days of school year 2021-22 (8.3 percent). Our primary goal is always to keep our students, staff, and families as healthy as possible an…
It’s no secret that our government is facing some critical challenges to keeping Social Security and Medicare solvent. And no topic is more important than Medicare and Soci…
A variety of programs and activities are coming up for Mashpee seniors at 26 Frank E. Hicks Drive.
The Mashpee Board of Selectmen have voted unanimously to recommend changing its name to Select Board. The next step is a vote at Town Meeting on October 18 at 6 PM. This is…
“Find a topic you are passionate about, and just get started. It doesn’t have to be perfect!” This is the advice Jenny Shea Rawn gave me when I asked her what she might say…
The sentence I just wrote is short. Succinct, even. It is also sad but true in the most clichéed of ways. When it comes time for the history of our time to be shared, it wi…
- Modern Wedding Etiquette And Expectations
- Veterans Spotlight — US Army Corporal Simon Adler
- A Look Back - Week Of September 17
- Buy An EV To Mitigate Climate Change
- Drive Less, Bike More Campaign Provides An Opportunity To Explore Falmouth
- Beacon Hill Roll Call - September 17, 2021
- Once Upon A Time
- A New Chapter In Our Campus For Community Culture
- The 'Backdoor Roth IRA Contribution' - Is it Right for You?
- Mashpee Senior Center - September 17, 2021
- Waving The Flag
- Lack Of Affordable Housing Hurts Our Local Economy
- Letting Go Of Summer
- Essential Lessons While Cooking With Lauren
- Veterans Spotlight — US Army Sergeant Jim Mosher
- Once Upon A Time
- Silver Threads: Why Neighborhood Falmouth Must Fundraise
- Are You Harboring False Beliefs About Annuities?
- Alice Cooke – Early Sandwich Feminist
- A Look Back - Week Of September 10
- Beacon Hill Roll Call - September 10
- Let's Continue Paula's Community Conversation
- Mashpee Senior Center - September 10, 2021
- Planning Board's Bold Answer To Affordable Housing
- Artisan Bread And Vegetarian Delights