Since Monday, May 11, there have been 36 people on Cape Cod diagnosed with COVID-19, based on numbers released by the state on Wednesday, May 13.
A total of 1,111 people in Barnstable County have tested positive for the virus since the first reported case on the Cape two months ago.
Additionally, six people are reported to have died from the disease since May 11, bringing the total number of COVID-19 deaths in Barnstable County up to 79. Two dozen of those deaths were reported within the past week.
The state also released updated town-by-town information on Wednesday. Among Upper Cape towns there have been 150 cases reported in Falmouth, 133 in Bourne, 74 in Sandwich, and 45 in Mashpee. The Upper Cape accounts for about 36 percent of all cases of COVID-19 on Cape Cod.
There are currently 22 COVID-19 patients at Cape Cod Hospital. Three are in intensive care. That is a decrease of two total patients and one intensive care patient since last week.
Falmouth Hospital has 13 total COVID-19 patients as of Wednesday, with three in intensive care. This is an increase of eight total patients and two intensive care patients since last week.
Across the state there are now more than 80,000 people who have tested positive for the disease. As of Wednesday, 3,101 are hospitalized and 794 are in intensive care units. There were 174 new deaths in the state reported since Tuesday, May 12. In Tuesday's report, there were 33 new deaths reported in the state.
Governor Charles D. Baker Jr. said in a news conference on Wednesday that there have been discussions among members of state administration about guidance that will be given to school districts regarding events such as graduations and what the return to school may look like in the fall. Gov. Baker said that more information on those topics, along with an update on the proposed phased reopening, will be discussed on Monday, May 18.
There has not been an announcement made in terms of exactly which industries will be allowed to open during the first phase of the state's plan.