The Charter Review Committee will hold a public forum to gather reaction to its developing ideas on changes in the town charter on Thursday, June 13, at 5:30 PM in the Hermann Meeting Room at the Falmouth Public Library.
Preliminary decisions were voted on in May and early June related to the following issue areas:
* reassigning areas of authority to the executive branch—selectmen and manager
* clarifying the authority and membership processes of the Finance Committee
* strengthening the language on alignment of planning processes
* strengthening and clarifying the language on operation of committees
* clarifying terminology
* altering the process for by-law review
* altering the process for publicity of certain records
Based on the results of the forum, the committee will develop final recommendations for the board of selectmen by mid-July. Those approved by the board will be on the warrant for review and action by the November Town Meeting.