Wednesday, July 3

2:48 PM: Police responded to the Stop & Shop intersection on Teaticket Highway, where a man had slumped over the wheel of his car. He was transported to the hospital for treatment and a mental health evaluation.

8:22 PM: A caller reported that an East Falmouth neighbor had violated a harassment order.

10:47 PM: An officer conducted a motor vehicle stop on Worcester Court. Police arrested the driver, Joshua M.J. Olsen, 30, of Providence, Rhode Island, for unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation. The passenger, Mark Kollie, 32, also of Providence, was arrested for possession of a Class E drug and possession to distribute a Class B drug.

Thursday, July 4

12:02 AM: Officers responded to a loud party on Narragansett Street. They found several underage people drinking alcohol. A social host investigation is underway.

12:42 AM: Falmouth Hospital reported that a 16-year-old was being treated for injuries sustained from jumping out of a moving car. Police determined the incident occurred in Mashpee.

1:32 PM: Officers responded to the Flying Bridge Restaurant on Scranton Avenue following a report of a fight between two staff members. One employee allegedly attacked another with a knife. The victim was able to fend off the attack and was not injured. Police located the alleged attacker at his residence and arrested Arden R. Wright, 39, of Main Street, Falmouth, for armed assault to murder and assault with a dangerous weapon.

7:05 PM: Officers responded to Teaticket Highway near St. Marks Road to meet with a Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority bus. An intoxicated man was reportedly causing a disturbance and being uncooperative with the bus driver. Upon arrival, police found the man arguing with the bus driver. He was placed into protective custody.

8:18 PM: Police arrested five teenagers for causing a disturbance at the Falmouth Heights ball field during the annual Fourth of July fireworks display.

Friday, July 5

9:44 AM: Officers responded to a single-vehicle crash on Blacksmith Shop Road near Sean Way. A driver had struck a tree and was ejected from the car upon impact. The occupants of the car were transported to Falmouth Hospital for treatment of serious injuries.

6:21 PM: A truck struck a skateboarder, although he did not suffer any apparent injuries. However, the skateboarder had an outstanding warrant, so police arrested Danny Jimenez, 38, of Sippewissett Road, Falmouth, on this warrant.

7:01 PM: Callers reported a man who appeared to be hallucinating and was acting disorderly at the Gosnold Grove Apartments. Police responded and found the man was high on drugs. He was placed in protective custody and transported to the emergency room.

10:21 PM: Neighbors in the Antler Shores neighborhood reported a loud party. Officers responded, finding a large group of underage men drinking at the party. The father of one of the youths was inside the home. He will be charged with allowing the youth to drink, and his son will be charged with providing the alcohol.

11:30 PM: Police stopped a car on Teaticket Highway for a lights violation and for being uninsured. The operator was unlicensed and in possession of a dangerous weapon. Police arrested Joshua Ewald, 22, of Sam Turner Road, East Falmouth, for carrying a dangerous weapon, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, operation of a motor vehicle with registration suspended/revoked and driving an uninsured motor vehicle. The car was towed.

11:36 PM: Officers responded to an Ashumet Valley residence where a woman with a knife was threatening to kill herself. When officers arrived, they discovered she had injured herself. The fire department responded and transported her to the emergency room.

Saturday, July 6

12:51 AM: Officers responded to an Old Barnstable Road address to assist the fire department with an uncooperative patient. He was placed into protective custody.

1:20 AM: An officer responded to a Mariners Lane address following a report of a man who had not returned home from a local night club. The man was reported highly intoxicated. After an approximately 90-minute search by several officers, the man was located passed out in front of a local business. The fire department responded and transported the man to the hospital for treatment.

10:52 AM: Officers responded to Ostrom Road following a motorcycle crash. Officers learned the driver lost control of his moped while navigating a turn. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries to his shoulder and knee. He was transported to the emergency room for treatment.

11:28 AM: Additional police and beach attendants were assigned to Goodwill Park, due to the large crowds. Access to the park was limited, because the parking areas were at full capacity.

1:06 PM: Officers responded to the intersection of Route 28A and Route 151, where a tractor-trailer struck a traffic signal. Officers removed the damaged light from the roadway, allowing traffic to flow normally. The Massachusetts Department of Transportation responded to repair the pole.

4:45 PM: Police responded to a Rose Morin Lane group home, where a woman had cut her wrists while making suicidal threats. The responding officer requested an ambulance. After learning the responding ambulance would be coming from Barnstable, he determined they could not wait. He transported her to the emergency room via his cruiser. She assaulted the officer, but no charges are forthcoming.

6:01 PM: A detail officer at the Island Queen requested assistance. A large group of disorderly people began to circle the detail officer, but peace was quickly restored by police. Police arrested Patrick G. O’Halloran, 19, of Burlington, for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

6:19 PM: An man overdosed at an East Falmouth residence after consuming an unknown opioid. He was revived by the fire department and transported to the emergency room.

9:37 PM: An officer came upon a four-car crash in Woods Hole. One car had struck three parked cars. One car required a tow. The crash was caused by defective equipment.

Sunday, July 7

1:17 AM: Officers responded to the Cape Verdean Club where it was reported that there was a fight. The club had hosted a party for the annual Wampanoag Fireball event. Upon arrival, police found a large group of chaotic people in the parking lot. Recognizing the hazardous situation, police requested assistance from the Mashpee police and Massachusetts State Police. Police began to investigate a reported assault and battery involving a bottle. The victim refused treatment. The incident remains under investigation.

12:12 PM: Officers responded to Main Street where a man was making suicidal threats to a friend. The man was located and transported to the emergency room.

1:05 PM: Multiple officers responded to John Parker Village following a report of a missing 4-year-old child. As officers arrived, the family located the child hiding in a closet.

3:31 PM: Officers responded Seacoast Shores Boulevard for a report of a deceased person. The death is/was not suspicious.

5:07 PM: An officer came upon a crash on Homestead Lane. One of the cars required a tow, but there were no injuries. One of the drivers will be summoned to court for a criminal traffic violation.

9:44 PM: Police responded to a one-car crash at the North Falmouth rotary. The driver attempted to flee the scene, but was stopped. Police arrested Andrew J. Rogissart, 23, of Mashpee, for operating under the influence of liquor, operating under the influence of drugs, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation.

10:11 PM: Police stopped a car on Crocker Road because it was being driven erratically, and the plates did not belong to the car. Police found the driver had a revoked license. The plates were seized. The driver will be summoned to court for multiple violations.

10:21 PM: A caller reported her friend made suicidal statements. Officers responded, and found the woman had consumed a high number of prescription and over-the-counter drugs in an attempt to kill herself. The fire department transported her to the emergency room.

10:40 PM: Officers responded to a one-car crash on Menauhant Road. The car caused damaged to a fence, mailbox, light post, sod and vegetation. The driver was cited for negligent operation of a motor vehicle and related offenses. There was no injury. The car was towed.

Monday, July 8

7:23 AM: Falmouth Lumber reported that someone climbed the fence near East End Tap and broken the windows of several vehicles. It appeared items were stolen as well. The Barnstable County Sheriff’s Office crime scene technician responded to search for fingerprints and take photographs. The matter is under investigation.

5:04 PM: A caller reported four young children alone in a running parked car outside TJ Maxx. Officers located the vehicle and spoke with the children, who ranged in age from 2 to 8 years old. The children said they were unsure which store their mother had gone into. Witnesses reported the children had been alone in the car for at least 20 minutes. The mother was located and returned to the car. Officers told her she could not drive the car with the children in it, because the 2-year-old did not have a car seat. The mother went into a nearby store and purchased a car seat. She was be summoned to court for reckless endangerment. The Massachusetts Department of Children & Families was contacted. Police filed a 51A report, which reports children who are potentially suffering from abuse or neglect to DCF.

7:09 PM: A caller reported observing a woman driving a car with an infant on her lap leaving the Surf Drive Beach parking lot. Police were unable to locate the car. The caller provided a plate number, and officers found the car at the registered owner’s address. Officers spoke with the driver, who admitted the child had ridden in the car while unsecured. The parent will be summoned for reckless endangerment. A 51A report was filed with DCF.

10:45 PM: The staff at Liam Maguire’s reported a man, possibly under the influence of drugs, sitting outside the restaurant. Officers arrived and spoke with the man. After determining he was intoxicated, they placed him into protective custody.

11:56 PM: A caller reported that a roommate was yelling at other residents in a multi-room boarding house. Officers spoke to the offending party, who was intoxicated but cooperative. He was advised to go to bed for the rest of the night and advised there would be consequences if police needed to return. The man went to bed, and police were not called back to the house.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.