Thursday, November 28

1:53 AM: Falmouth police responded to the 100 block of Falmouth Heights Road following a report of a fight in progress. Upon arrival, officers located a man believed to be involved in the fight. He had a bloody nose, but declined medical treatment. Police learned another man had fled the scene prior to arrival. This man came to the police station a short time later and spoke with the investigating officer. All suspects and witnesses involved were uncooperative with police. No charges are pending.

12:55 PM: A caller reported a minor crash on Waquoit Highway. The caller stated an impaired driver had fled the scene. Officers located the car, and determined the driver was not intoxicated. In addition, both drivers had exchanged information prior to police arrival.

4:49 PM: Police responded to a hit-and-run involving a motorcycle on Teaticket Highway. The motorcycle driver fled the scene, but witness accounts enabled police to identify him. He was issued a criminal citation for negligent operation of a motor vehicle and leaving the scene of a crash.

Friday, November 29

8:34 AM: Police placed a man into custody on a Section 35 warrant, an involuntary committal for drugs or alcohol. He was transported to Falmouth District Court for an evaluation.

11:41 AM: A caller reported an unknown man had stolen her cellphone and purse from a table at Main Street restaurant, and then fled on foot. Officers checked the area for the male suspect, but were unable to locate him. Video evidence will be retrieved from security. The incident remains under investigation.

2:46 PM: A caller reported that a man was causing a disturbance at a Brick Kiln Road social club. The caller stated the man had armed himself with a chainsaw. Police responded and located the man. He did not have any weapons in his possession. Police learned he had been in a physical altercation with another man. Peace was restored. One of the men involved in the altercation returned to his home.

3:42 PM: A substance abuse treatment center reported a patient left the facility on foot after making suicidal statements. The staff completed the necessary requirements for an involuntary committal of the man and requested police assistance in locating him. Police located the man a short distance away and transported him to the hospital for an evaluation.

3:47 PM: A caller reported a relative was intoxicated and had made suicidal statements. Police responded to the residence and transported the man to the hospital for an evaluation.

6:39 PM: A caller requested a welfare check on two men in the parking lot of a Main Street convenience store. Officers arrived and found the two men standing outside a running motor vehicle. Police determined the two men were intoxicated. Neither one was able to locate a sober acquaintance to take custody of them or the car. The car was towed from the scene. Both men were taken into protective custody.

Saturday, November 30

12:40 AM: Officers responded to a residential burglar alarm on Quail Street. Upon arrival, they found an intoxicated man in the driveway. He was shivering. Police provided the man with multiple blankets to prevent hypothermia. The Falmouth Fire Rescue Department responded and transported the man to Falmouth Hospital for treatment. Police determined the man and his partner had locked themselves out of the house. One of them broke a window to gain entry into the house, which set off the alarm.

6:19 AM: Police responded to a Main Street nursing home, where a patient stated she was in danger and being mistreated by the facility’s staff. Upon arrival, police determined the woman was having trouble breathing. While police were assessing the situation, the facility’s staff requested an ambulance. The fire department responded, treated the woman and transported her to Falmouth Hospital for additional treatment. The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health was notified of the incident.

8 PM: A 911 caller reported his girlfriend had sent him suicidal text messages, including a picture of her standing in the water at the Ashumet Pond boat ramp. Police responded to that area, but were unable to locate the woman or her car. Dispatch called the woman and left a message. She called back and stated she was not suicidal, and was returning to her home in Sandwich. The Sandwich police were contacted.

9:26 PM: Police stopped a car on Old Barnstable Road for a traffic violation and found that the driver was unlicensed. A tow truck was requested, and the driver called a friend for a ride. When the friend arrived on scene. police determined she was unlicensed. Both drivers were cited and both cars were towed from the scene.

Sunday, December 1

12:38 AM: Police responded to a Marion Road address to check the welfare of an intoxicated woman. She was placed into protective custody.

12:48 AM: Staff at the Gosnold Treatment Center requested an officer after they found illegal narcotics on a man during the intake process. Police determined the man was under the influence of drugs. He was transported to Falmouth Hospital for an evaluation and treatment. Police investigation determined the narcotics appeared to be heroin and/or fentanyl and weighed 44 grams. The 34-year-old Swansea man will be charged will possession of a Class A drug.

10:56 AM: An officer observed a truck being driven by a man with an outstanding warrant. The officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop, but the driver fled in the 1999 Ford dump truck through a neighborhood off Old Barnstable Road. For safety reasons, police did not pursue. The dump truck was later located on private land near the driver’s Antone Avenue address. During the pre-tow inventory, police found the driver’s cellphone, license, illegal narcotics and what appeared to be a stolen leaf blower and chainsaw. Police arrested Gregory Hazelton, 37, for speeding, failing to stop for police, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and possession of crack cocaine. The outstanding warrant was for forgery, uttering a false check and larceny over $1,200.

1:17 PM: A Dale Drive caller reported that construction equipment had been vandalized. Damage included broken windows and slashed seats.

6:11 PM: An officer located an unoccupied car previously reported as being driven erratically. Police seized the registration plates after determining they had been revoked. The owner was advised that he could not drive the car without plates. A short time later, police observed the car traveling on Palmer Avenue. An officer attempted to stop the car, but it continued at a slow speed to the registered owner’s residence a short distance away. Once in the driveway. police arrested Billy Garner, 56, of Palmer Avenue, for failure to stop for police, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, operation of a motor vehicle with license suspended or revoked (subsequent offense), threatening to commit a crime, operation of a motor vehicle with registration suspended or revoked, a motor vehicle lights violation, driving an uninsured motor vehicle and driving a vehicle with its number plate missing.

6:57 PM: A 911 caller reported a crash in front of a Main Street gas station. The crash involved two cars, a gas pump and an utility pole. Police and fire personnel responded to the scene. The fire department evaluated both drivers involved in the crash. Both refused transportation to the hospital. During the crash investigation. police determined one of the drivers was under the influence of alcohol. He was taken into custody. Police determined the intoxicated driver was driving his car east on Main Street without its headlights on. The second car pulled onto Main Street from the gas station, and the driver had been unable to see the oncoming car without its headlights turned on. The cars collided; one of them then struck a utility pole. The pole was cracked approximately 10 feet off the ground and was left leaning over Main Street. No gas pumps were struck. Main Street was closed and traffic detoured. Both cars were towed from the scene.

Monday, December 2

4:53 PM: Police responded to a hit-and-run crash near the intersection of East Falmouth Highway and Shorewood Drive. Three cars were involved in the crash, one of which fled the scene. The third driver has not yet been located, but police received a good description of the car and its driver. No serious injuries were reported.

5:50 PM: Police responded to a three-car crash near the the intersection of Spring Bars Road and Worcester Court. The investigating officer spoke with all three drivers, but the individual at fault left her car and fled shortly thereafter. She was located at her home, where she was issued a citation for following too closely and driving an unregistered motor vehicle. No serious injuries were reported.

10 PM: A tree fell across Jones Road. The road was shut down for an hour. The DPW responded and cleared the tree from the road.

11 PM: Police responded to a one-car crash near the Route 151 and Sandwich Road intersection. The driver was cited for several violations. The car was towed from the scene. No serious injuries were reported.

Tuesday, December 3

1:46 AM: Police responded to a Loop Road, where a 94-year-old resident had died. The death is not suspicious.

3:41 PM: Police responded to a North Falmouth residence following a report of a verbal altercation. One of those involved gave police a false name. The responding officer worked with the Barnstable Police Department to identify the man, who had an outstanding warrant out of Barnstable District Court. Police arrested Brandon D. Thomas, 35, of Hyannis on the warrant.

4:43 PM: Police responded to the Gosnold Treatment Center to assist with a resident who needed to be taken into custody due to a mental health crisis. The fire department transported him to the emergency room without issue.

6:53 PM: Police responded to a North Falmouth residence regarding a disturbance. One of the involved parties was drunk and disorderly. He was placed into protective custody.

10:12 PM: Officers responded to a Woods Hole residence to check the welfare of a man who sounded impaired. Police found the man had overdosed on medication. He agreed to be transported to the emergency room by the fire department.

Wednesday, December 4

10:40 AM: Police assisted the State Police Fugitive Task Force in an attempt to locate a local fugitive at a sober house on Teaticket Highway. Upon arrival, police discovered multiple people in the house, two of whom had active warrants. Police arrested Christopher L. Degrace, 35, of Old Barnstable Road, East Falmouth, and Nicholas M. Catanese, 31, of Teaticket Highway, Falmouth, on the warrants. The fugitive was not present.

11:14 AM: Officers responded to a North Falmouth residence following a report of an unwanted guest. Officers arrived and discovered the guest had made suicidal threats. She was transported to the hospital for a psychological evaluation.

1:23 PM: A probation officer advised police that an arrest warrant had just been issued for a person present at a Teaticket Highway sober house. Police returned to the residence, where they arrested Tekeea M. Newcomb, 34, of Teaticket Highway, East Falmouth.

4:49 PM: An Old Barnstable Road resident reported that a man was in his front yard with several trash bags. He told police the man had been assaulted and forced out of a car. The responding officers determined there was no assault. The man was waiting for an Uber. His Uber arrived and transported him to a motel.

5:42 PM: A caller reported being rear-ended on Sandwich Road. The driver of the other car was reportedly angry and agitated. Police determined he was intoxicated and arrested Todd M. Allen, 30, of Trotting Park Road, East Falmouth, for operating under the influence of liquor (second offense), negligent operation of a motor vehicle and following too closely.

7:25 PM: A caller from Walmart reported a man had overdosed in the bathroom and had a needle sticking out of his arm. Officers arrived, forced the stall open and found the man unconscious. The fire department responded to treat and transport the man to Falmouth Hospital.

9:32 PM: Officers responded to a Sandwich Road motel where a man was trespassing and refusing to pay for his room. Upon arrival, officers spoke to the man through the door. He stated he was feeling quite ill, and then stopped responding. Fearing for his welfare, police entered the room. They found the man locked in the bathroom. The fire department responded, but the man refused treatment. Police found a large package of drugs, believed to be fentanyl, in the room and seized it. Officers spoke with the motel manager, who agreed to allow the subject to stay the night. The man will be charged with possession of fentanyl.

9:44 PM: A caller reported a man was passed out in the parking lot of a Sandwich Road motel. Officers found the man passed out on the pavement, using the curb as a pillow. He was soaking wet. The man was placed into protective custody.

10:49 PM: Emergency room staff reported that a man had fled the hospital. The man had been at the hospital voluntarily while waiting for a bed at Gosnold, and there were no orders requiring he remain. Officers checked the area, but were unable to locate him.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.