Thursday, March 4

11:59 AM: Officers were dispatched to the area of 7-Eleven on Main Street for a reported hit-and-run crash in which the driver appeared to be unconscious in the vehicle. A store patron knocked on the window and she awoke, placing the vehicle in reverse and crashed into a parked vehicle before fleeing from the scene. 

7:53 PM: An officer stopped a vehicle on Teaticket Highway and found the driver’s license had been suspended. A licensed driver was called to take custody of the vehicle and a criminal citation was issued.

8:28 PM: Police issued a criminal citation when a driver on Locust Street was found to have a suspended license and expired vehicle registration.

8:28 PM: Police charged Patricia A. Seman, 56, of Woods Hole with drunk driving, leaving the scene, resisting arrest and other related offenses. An officer was dispatched to Main Street for a hit-and-run and located the suspect at her home. The vehicle was in the driveway still in gear and the key were in the door. She was located and tried to resist arrest.

Friday, March 5

12:01 AM: Officers were dispatched to the town parking lot on Depot Avenue to check the welfare of a man who appeared to be sleeping in a vehicle. Police arrested the man after learning there were three outstanding arrest warrants. Along with the warrant, Damion R. Liptrot, 36, of Falmouth was charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, attaching plates and an unregistered motor vehicle.

During the arrest, Mr. Liptrot became agitated and his volatile behavior continued at the police station where as a result, he was placed into a cell right away. He would later calm down and was able to be booked and afforded all applicable rights.

9:51 AM: Officers responded to a Main Street business for a report of a driver falling asleep behind the wheel of a vehicle. After an investigation, the man, Brian A. Ferreira, 53, of Falmouth, was arrested for drunken driving. When brought back to the station, police found heroin on him and it became clear he was also under the influence of narcotics. Due to an overdose risk, he was transported to the Falmouth Hospital emergency room under protective custody for drugs. Mr. Ferreira will be summoned to court for OUI-liquor (4th offense), OUI-drugs and negligent operation. An immediate threat was also requested via the RMV to suspend his license.

11:36 AM: Officers responded to the Gosnold Grove Apartments for a report of an overdose. A separate report indicated that a 42-year-old from Mashpee went to CVS across the street and obtained Narcan. He fled before officers arrived.

10:45 PM: Officers responded to the Holiday Inn for three unwanted, intoxicated guests. Officers made arrangements for them to get a room at the Falmouth Inn and transported them to the hotel.

Saturday, March 6

8:26 AM: Officers and fire department medics responded to Nancy Avenue for a report of an unresponsive person. Medics began lifesaving measures and transported the victim to the Falmouth Hospital. He was pronounced dead shortly after. A preliminary investigation determined the death was not suspicious.

9:26 AM: Officers responded to the same Gosnold Grove apartment for a overdose. The man was located and transported to the emergency room under protective custody for narcotics. Police contacted Gosnold Grove management and advised of the ongoing drug activity in the apartment.

5:58 PM: Police responded to a two-car crash on Route 151 at the Route 28 North on-ramp. One of the drivers turned left in front of the other. Both of the cars sustained heavy damage and were towed from the scene. There were no serious injuries. State police are investigating the crash.

7:55 PM: A two-car crash was reported at the intersection of Turner Road and Thomas B. Landers Road. One of the operators failed to stop at the stop sign. One of the operators sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to the emergency room by medics. Both cars required tows. The offending operator was issued a citation.

10:21 PM: A 15-year-old female from Waquoit called 911 and said she felt like she was going to try to kill herself. Fire department personnel transported her to the emergency room for a mental health treatment.

11:24 PM: Police arrested Zachary C. Walsh, 23, of Lakeville after he was pulled over for speeding and found he was intoxicated. He was charged with drunk driving, negligent operation, having an open container of alcohol, speeding and a marked lanes violation.

Sunday, March 7

1:41 AM: Admiralty Inn called to report that two intoxicated people were banging on the lobby door. Upon arrival, officers located a woman vomiting in the hallway. A staff member asked for the people to be removed, due to their disruptive and intoxicated nature. Both were from Coventry, Rhode Island, and were placed in protective custody.

3:24 PM: Police responded to an apparent overdose after a 911 caller reported an unresponsive 35-year-old woman. Medics administered several doses of Narcan to revive her. She was transported to the hospital by fire department ambulance. The male caller also appeared to be under the influence of drugs, but was not incapacitated. He refused medical treatment. Three children, ages 10, 11 and 12, were also present in the home; arrangements were made for family members to take custody of the children. A report of a child alleged to be suffering from abuse or neglect was filed with the Department of Children and Families. Officers also assisted DCF with a home visit later in the shift.

1:50 PM: Officers responded to a two-car crash on Fresh Pond Road. One of the drivers was transported by ambulance to Falmouth Hospital for neck pain. One car required a tow from the scene.

10:30 PM: Dispatch received 911 calls from an elderly man reporting that he was being held against his will. He was unable to provide his location, however, Rapid SOS plotted the position of the caller in the area of Atkinson Road. He was located and found to be intoxicated and experiencing a mental health crisis. He was transported to the emergency room.

11:58 PM: A caller reported a woman screaming in the area of Edgewood Drive. Officers located a woman outside behind her home who appeared intoxicated and stated she was diabetic. Medics transported her to the hospital for treatment.

Monday, March 8

12:34 AM: Caller reported an unresponsive man at a sober house on Wheelhouse Circle. CPR had been initiated. Upon officer arrival the man was alert and cooperative. He stated he had relapsed and was given four doses of Narcan by a member of the house. The 39-year-old man was transported to the hospital by ambulance for treatment.

11:20 AM: Officers investigated an abandoned pressure cooker that was left on the south end of the Walmart parking lot. The area was temporarily cordoned off for safety. The fire department also responded. The investigation revealed that the pressure cooker was discarded as trash and was not a threat.

12:08 PM: Officers were dispatched to Palmer Avenue House, a residential mental health facility, for a report of a male client who walked away from the program. Staff believed he was endangered due to the state of his mental health when he left. An officer spoke with staff at the bus station and determined the man had boarded a bus to Hyannis. A bulletin was sent to Barnstable police and case workers in Hyannis. The man was expected to report for an appointment at the hospital later in the afternoon.

1:17 PM: Officers responded to Falmouth Hospital and served an involuntary committal for substance abuse warrant of apprehension.

Tuesday, March 9

6:27 PM: Officers were dispatched to Walmart for a report of a possible overdose outside the entrance. It was reported that a man was lying on the ground. Three doses of Narcan were administered. He regained consciousness and was transported to Falmouth Hospital.

9:25 PM: Police were dispatched to a motel off Main Street for a report an unresponsive woman who was not breathing. Officers administered Narcan and provided rescue breathing. She regained consciousness and was transported to Falmouth Hospital.

Wednesday, March 10

1:27 AM: Officers located a person on Menauhant Beach who was reported to be suicidal. She admitted to taking several pills. Medics responded for a medical evaluation and subsequently transported her to the emergency room for advanced medical and mental health treatment.

6:06 PM: Officers were dispatched to a hit-and-run on Route 151 near Sandwich Road. The offending vehicle crossed the center line and side-swiped a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction. The suspect vehicle continued on toward Mashpee and was not found. The driver of the other vehicle sustained apparent minor injury and was treated by fire department medics.

11:43 PM: State police tried to stop an erratic driver at the Otis Rotary traveling southbound in the northbound lane of Route 28. Falmouth police stopped the vehicle near Braeside Road with state police assistance. The driver was intoxicated and was arrested.

Thursday, March 11

3:53 AM: A 911 caller reported that a relative drank rubbing alcohol. Medics were requested and they transported the subject to the hospital.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.