A heat lamp was the cause of a fire in the basement of a home on St. Anns Lane, East Falmouth, on Sunday, May 10, authorities said.

At 7:20 PM the fire department received a report of a fire in the basement of the home. The occupant tried to put out the fire but was forced out by smoke, Falmouth Deputy Fire Chief Timothy Smith said. She was treated at the scene for minor injuries, he said.

The family of four and two dogs living in the house were evacuated, Deputy Chief Smith said.

Crews found heavy smoke coming from the basement, Deputy Chief Smith said. They entered the home with a hose and walked it to the basement, where they found the fire and extinguished it.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.