The Falmouth Fire/Rescue Department responded to a hazardous materials call on Seapit Road in Waquoit last Friday, September 20.

According to a Facebook post by fire department personnel, “the homeowner accidentally over-chlorinated an indoor hot tub, resulting in high levels of chlorine in the home.”

The responding incident commander requested a Tier 1 hazmat response from the regional HazMat team. The HazMat team includes representatives from the Falmouth, Mashpee, Yarmouth, Dennis and Freetown Fire Departments under the supervision of Chief Pete Burke of the Hyannis Fire Department.

The house was cleared in approximately one hour. There were no injuries to the residents or responding firefighters.

Reports indicate “the crew from Engine 25 was able to successfully remove the family cat from the home unharmed.”

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.