Firefighters in Mashpee responded to a two-alarm fire at a condominium complex on Saturday, September 11.

The fire broke out at the South Cape Resort Condos on South Cape Road in Mashpee. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 2:30 PM Saturday.

There were no reported injuries. Fire crews doused the flames and checked for sign of the fire in the building’s attic.

The Mashpee Fire Department said they believe the cause of the fire may have been a malfunctioning dishwasher. They said the fire was accidental, and they were not concerned about malice involved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.