The following list of resources for Upper Cape residents that are available during the coronavirus state of emergency has been compiled by Enterprise staff along with the Falmouth Human Services Department.
"Falmouth Human Services continues to be available to the residents of Falmouth during the COVID-19 crisis. To protect our community and staff we have suspended in-person appointments with residents. Staff social workers are available by phone to assist with any human service needs that arise during this crisis. If you need assistance navigating resources, have questions about basic needs, or are in need of mental health support, please call our office for assistance at 508-548-0533 between the hours of 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday," director of human services Suzanne Hauptmann said.
Mental Health Resources
• Managing Stress and Anxiety: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety
• Mental Health America: www.virusanxiety.com
• Anxiety and Depression Association of America: www.adaa.org/finding-help/coronavirus-anxiety-helpful-resources
• Parent Caregiver Guide To Helping Families Cope: www.nctsn.org/resources/parent-caregiver-guide-to-helping-families-cope-with-the-coronavirus-disease-2019
• Pause A While Alcoholics Anonymous calls each day at 2 PM: 425-436-6360, access code 422932#
• Herren Project Online Recovery Support Groups: www.herrenproject.org/online-support-groups
• Headspace and InsightTimer apps can help with anxiety and meditation.
- To talk or receive counseling contact Call2Talk at: 508-532-2255
• Fit Phat Chat on Facebook has several live yoga and wellness coaching events scheduled
• Youtube.com is absolutely chock full of at home, no equipment workouts, yoga routines, and meditation guides.
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK or text TALK to 741741
• The Samaritans on Cape Cod and the Islands Crisis Line: 508-548-8900
• Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
• Bay Cove Emergency Services: 800-229-2683 or dial 911
• AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod: www.asgcc.org
Children and Families
• Falmouth Public Schools: www.falmouth.k12.ma.us/COVID19
• Child Mind Institute: www.childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus
• Parental Stress Line (Parents Helping Parents): 800-632-8188
• SafeLink Domestic Violence Support and Resources: 877-785-2020
• Falmouth Service Center: 508-548-2794, www.falmouthservicecenter.org
• The Sandwich Food Pantry: 508-888-3816, www.sandwichfoodpantry.org
• SNAP Benefits (food stamps): 877-382-2363, www.dtaconnect.eohhs.mass.gov
• Project Bread's FoodSource Hotline: 800-645-8333, www.projectbread.org
• Elder Services of Cape Cod Meals on Wheels: 800-244-4630 or 508-394-4630
• The Christ the King Food Pantry: 508-477-7700, https://christthekingparish.com/st-vincent-de-paul
• Stop & Shop supermarkets will be open only for shoppers age 60 or older from 6 to 7:30 AM daily.
• The Eos Foundation is chronicling how Cape Cod students are being fed during the COVID-19 crisis, and providing information about where food for students is available: www.eosfoundation.org
• Barnstable Schools are providing free grab-and-go meals to all children under the age of 18, regardless of town of residence or school attendance. Meals are available Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 1 PM and 4 PM to 6 PM at the Main entrances to the following locations:
Barnstable Intermediate School 895 Falmouth Rd Hyannis
Barnstable United Elementary School 730 Osterville-West Barnstable Rd Marstons Mills
Hyannis West Elementary School 549 West Main St Hyannis
Hyannis Youth and Community Center 141 Bassett Lane Hyannis
For more information about the Barnstable Schools Meal Program and it’s availability: https://www.barnstable.k12.ma.us/
• Grab-and-go meals will also be available at Barnstable School bus stops starting on Friday, March 20. Monday through Friday at the following locations and times:
Route A (Five Star bus)
465 Sea St. (Sea St. Beach) 10:45 AM to 11:15 AM
200 Main St. (Health Offices) 11:30 AM to 12:15 PM
Route B (Five Star bus)
367 Main St. (Town Hall) 10:45 AM to 11:30 AM
767 Independence Dr (Village Green Apartments entrance) 11:50 AM to 12:30 PM
Route C (Five star bus)
852 Bearses Way (Hyannis Elks) 10:45 AM to 11:30 AM
2095 Main St. (Old Marstons Mills Elementary) 11:50 AM to 12:35 PM
Route D (BPS bus)
117 Turtleback Rd (Turtleback Triangle) 11 AM to 11:30 AM
168 Barnstable Rd (Cromwell Court) 11:50 AM to 12:35 PM
Route E (BPS bus)
2377 Meetinghouse Way (Lombard Field) 11 AM to 11:30 AM
3195 Rt. 6A (County Complex behind the Fire Department) 11:45 AM to 12:15 PM
• Bourne Public Schools are providing grab-and-go meals to students eligible for free and reduced at the Bournedale Elementary main entrance from 11 AM to 1 PM on weekdays. For more information about BPS’s food and technology assistance and regular updates from Bourne Superintendent Dr. Zhou, please visit the News section of https://www.bourneps.org/
• Mashpee Public Schools have contacted food insecure families in their district; forms for the meals-to-go program and technology assistance are available on the MPS website: https://www.mpspk12.org/. The MPS meals-to-go program offers pickup at Quashnet School Door #8 Monday through Friday from 11 AM to 1 PM. Please remain in your vehicle and allow a staff member to bring the meals to your car.
• As of Monday, March 23, Sandwich Public Schools will be providing grab-and-go meals for all students from 11 AM to 1 PM Monday through Friday at Sandwich High School. Please see this Facebook post for more information on the SPS meal program: https://www.facebook.com/SandwichPublicSchools/photos/rpp.445844348923651/1503888329785909
• All Marshland Restaurants are offering grab-and-go meals at $2.50 for breakfast and $3.00 for lunch from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM for breakfast and 11:30 AM to 3 PM. Those looking to support Marshland’s #SandwichFeeds operation can purchase meal vouchers or gift cards to fund the program. Please see this Facebook post for more details: https://www.facebook.com/MarshlandRestaurants/posts/10157328629483512. Per Chef Brandon, “We will continue to have the school meals available until we are mandated to stop.”
• Falmouth Public Schools will continue to provide meals for qualifying students during the school closure. In order to receive these meals for your child(ren), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Meal pickups are available at FPS schools from 11 AM to 1 PM Monday through Friday. Please see visit the FPS website for more information on community resources and distance learning provided by the district: https://www.falmouth.k12.ma.us/
• Cape Cod Bagel in Falmouth can be contacted via their Facebook page if you are in need of food assistance: www.facebook.com/capecodbagelcafe
• Faith Family Kitchen at 154 Bearses’ Way Hyannis is providing to-go meals Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 to 6:30 PM.
• Market Basket supermarkets will be offering dedicated shopping hours for people aged 60 or older from 5:30 AM to 7 AM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
ACF Cape Cod is doing a donation drive for Cape Kid Meals. Although their April meeting is canceled, you can donate the cost of a ticket ($30) and that money will go to helping Cape Kid Meals provide food for students during the school closures. Learn more here: https://www.acfcapecod.com/events/
Cape Kid Meals is making up their usual weekend bags to be distributed to Cape Cod's schools and their students via the many grab-and-go services local school districts are managing during the school closure. Learn more about what Cape Kid Meals does, and how you can help, on their website: https://capekidmeals.org/. They're also providing regular updates on when and where students will be provided with food from all different Cape Cod programs via their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/capekidmeals/
Distance Learning/Educational Resources/Enrichment
• The Metropolitan Opera House is offering free daily live streams of operatic performances on their website: https://www.metopera.org/
• ACES Extension Therapy Services (@ACESETS on Facebook) is providing regular learning resources on their Facebook page.
• All Upper Cape School districts have distance learning and education continuity resources available on their websites
• Unemployment Benefits: www.mass.gov/orgs/department-of-unemployment-assistance
• Unemployment Insurance Assistance: www.mass.gov/unemployment-insurance-ui-online
• Mass Hire/Jobs One in Hyannis: 508-771-5627
• Falmouth Service Center: 508-548-2794 (Falmouth residents only)
• St. Vincent de Paul Society (Christ the King Parish in Mashpee): www.christthekingparish.com/st-vincent-de-pau
• For small businesses and nonprofits: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-resources-and-guidance-for-businesses
• Housing Assistance Corporation: If you or someone you know is facing a housing crisis, call 508-771-5400 or email email@example.com. Falmouth residents can call the homeless prevention case manager, Zelda Bergstrom, on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 508-367-7210 for services.
"An extended enrollment period is available through April 25 for qualified Massachusetts residents who are uninsured. Call 877-MA-ENROLL or visit www.mahealthconnector.org, or for assistance from a MassHealth Navigator, call Community Action of Cape Cod at 508-771-1727," Ms. Hauptmann said.
• Falmouth Senior Center: The Senior Center building is closed to the public; call 508-540-0196 for more information.
Elder Services of Cape Cod is open and operating, providing a whole host of services to Cape Cod's seniors. Find more details on what Elder Services does, how you can sign up for services, or how you can support the group on their website: https://www.escci.org/
Ways to Help in Falmouth
• Neighborhood Falmouth has volunteer opportunities; CORI checks are required; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Falmouth Meals on Wheels delivery opportunities; CORI checks are required; call 508-548-4198, Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 1 PM.
Chambers of Commerce
Falmouth Chamber of Commerce: www.falmouthchamber.com
Sandwich Chamber of Commerce: www.sandwichchamber.com
Mashpee Chamber of Commerce: www.mashpeechamber.com
Cape Cod Canal Region Chamber of Commerce (Bourne): www.capecodcanalchamber.org