An Eversource worker was hospitalized this week after being electrocuted while working at the Tupper Road switching yard on Tuesday, October 8.
Paramedics were called to the Eversource switching yard at 50 Tupper Road at 8:33 AM when the 55-year-old man was electrocuted. The switching yard is next to the Canal Generating Plant.
Fire Chief John J. Burke said that the department was able to be on the scene with an ambulance within three minutes of receiving the 911 call.
The man was alert and conscious when paramedics arrived. Chief Burke said that the shock created visible entry and exit burns to the man's upper and lower extremities. Chief Burke estimated that about 7,500 volts of electricity went through the man's body.
A medical helicopter was requested and landed at the former Henry T. Wing School by 8:50 AM. He was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston in stable condition.
The incident is under investigation by the police and fire departments, as well as by Eversource.