Sandwich fire received multiple calls around 5:30 PM on Wednesday night, November 18, about a structure fire in progress at 95 Route 130 in Forestdale.

The fire, caused by an overheated pan of oil on a stovetop, was extinguished by the resident before fire officials arrived. Damage was contained to the kitchen sink, Deputy Fire Chief Timothy McMahon said.

Joint Base Cape Cod Fire and the Sandwich Police Department were requested to assist on scene. There were no injuries.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.